Sunday 29 October 2017

My latest firing using some new ideas and techniques







I was excited about this firing as I tired out some more new ideas. Dorset is a very beautiful county and has some remarkably different landscapes. Up on high down land hills there are tall towers and churches. The views drift over woodland and fields to reach distant hills. It's here that skylarks, buzzards and red kites fly, butterflies hover over meadows of grasses and wild flowers and sometimes you just get lucky and there in front of you is a huge field of poppies. I do love the poppies but it's just as wonderful to see a field of blue flax, brilliant yellow rapeseed or woods filled with the deep scent of bluebells. I've been enjoying mixing landscape with flowers and blending different glazes and undercoats to achieve the colours.















No comments:

Post a Comment